I know that usually when. blog posts a recipe theres six pages of a story before you can actually find the recipe – but that’s not me. These chocolate orange brownies are an absolute treat and I think everyone needs to try them as soon as possible so I’m jumping straight into it!
You Will Need:
– 150g Dark Chocolate
– 150g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
– 200g Unsalted Butter
– 3 Large Eggs
– 90g Plain Flour
– 275g Caster Sugar
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 1tsp Orange Extract
– 300g Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Chopped)
– 9″ Square Baking Dish (I prefer silicon but it’s up to you)
– Parchment/Baking Paper
How to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC & line your baking dish with parchment.
- Melt together the butter, dark chocolate and chocolate orange in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water – leave to the side to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale (I recommend an electric whisk for this or your arms will ache!) – it will have a mousse like consistency and the volume will have doubled! (You’ll know it’s done because when lifting the whisk it will leave a trail for a few seconds)
- Pour the cooled chocolate and butter mix over the eggs and fold together carefully (it might take a bit of time, but patience is key for this bit!)
- Once completely combined, sift in the cocoa powder and flour, add the orange extract abd then fold together again!
- Fold through the chopped chocolate orange chunks and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely – these are very gooey brownies and so you may feel as though they need a little extra baking – this is completely okay, but after the initial time, cover them with foil!
Please tag me in any pictures if you bake these! I can’t wait to hear what you think of them!